Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On Indiana Jones

"I haven't seen any comments here, so I'll make a few:

The didn't use quite enough softening filtration on the lenses - I was still
able to make out which one was Harrison Ford.

But just barely. The hat was a clue.

For the first few seconds I was sure the projector was out of focus, but then
I noticed that every highlight in every frame glowed like Tinkerbell was about
to emerge from it.

After waiting a decade for this sequel, I am very, very, very, very
disappointed on every level: cinematography, story, directing, editing, many
of the effects and composites. Lucas and Spielberg should be ashamed of
themselves, phoning it in like that. I want my $24 and two hours of my life
back, you lazy bastards.

[snip]

Bob Kertesz

8 Comments:

Blogger JERKFISH! said...

editing? I'd love to hear his comments into how the editing let him down. I mean really. I've read all the same bitching when Star Wars rolled around and it'll be around when Star Trek rolls around. It's gonna pop up with any series like this with such a strong following. tons of fanboys who build into their mind this ultimate movie and of course they don't get it so they bitch on the internet.

Yeah guy, I'm sure the highlighting really killed the entire movie for you.

They shouldn't be ashamed of themselves. Two guys got to make the movie they wanted and even though it's supposedly horrible they're raking in the cash to make what they want. Whats to be ashamed of?

Thing is if they were to make a Indy 5 tomorrow the same people who bitched about Indy 4 would still go see it.

4:17 PM  
Blogger STIFIN said...

I put it up because 1- it was funny and 2- It was the same things I said. (Minus editing)

The composites were horrible in some parts, it was like they were trying to make it look fake. Don't say its because its a serial or whatever, none of the others look like that.

The only reason the incredibly distracting bloom effects didn't kill the movie was because it died with those fucking stupid prairie dogs.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Ea said...

$24 for a movie?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Madman2024 said...

10 bucks to get in 10 for popcorn and a drink and 4 for candy? Shits expensive now-a-days...

7:42 PM  
Blogger STIFIN said...

$12 a ticket for two tickets.

10:10 PM  
Blogger The Potato said...

I agree.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I loved the prairie dogs.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Madman2024 said...

you would.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home