Monday, August 04, 2008

WDW

Alright listen up. I'm throwing this up there to see who all would still be up for going to Walt Disney World in the summer of 2009 for a semi-graduation/semi-vacation gig.

I know Laura, Ed, and myself are still down but the topic hasn't come up much so I'd like to know who else is down for it so we can plan accordingly.

If you need some estimation details, it would cost around $150 to drive down and back (that's $75 each way, not $150). A 5 day hotel stay as well as a 5 day park hopper pass would cost each person around $450. So you're looking at $600 before you factor in food/crap/etc.

It's the 5 days there, plus 2 day to drive in each direction so 9 days total. Figure early June 2009.

The current plan is to book in either January or February so this isn't like a "I'll give you an answer in May" sorta gig. So all that said, if you think you'd be interested in going let any of us know because planning does change depending on how many folks are going.

11 Comments:

Blogger STIFIN said...

$75 for gas? that seems pretty low. Don't forget about tolls and shit. its $9 just to get out of NY.

Probably not me, but maybe.

10:37 PM  
Blogger JERKFISH! said...

I meant 75 a person, assuming 4 people a car, so really $250 total going down.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ea said...

I'm doing a Europe tour so I'm out on this one. Have fun though. Oh and try to stay in the park...I went last year and its worth it for the extra hour or so you get with the early opening and late closing when it comes to the big rides.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think my disney experience was quite different from Rob's and Ea's... I never waited for more than 15 minutes to get on any ride. I musta gone in the off season.

9:25 AM  
Blogger JERKFISH! said...

I waited 70 minutes to get on that Toy Story ride the other day, and 20-30 for any other major ride. Summer will do that.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ea said...

yeah I got the fast pass for the big rides and still ended up waiting on pretty long lines....but then again I went mid-july

7:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Fuck June, let's go in September or something.

It's not like any of us are going to have jobs.

9:18 AM  
Blogger JERKFISH! said...

Take that up with the Potato who wanted to go as early at May so it wouldn't cut into the job.

10:25 AM  
Blogger violetnewyork said...

hmmm disney world... why not go to the one in paris? or somewhere more exotic? i'm up for a trip somehwere though.

11:24 AM  
Blogger STIFIN said...

I doubt I'll have graduated summer of 2009, so no september.
I might be up for something else though if you have any ideas cheaper than Paris Violet.

6:00 PM  
Blogger The Potato said...

Fuck Paris, this is America, the real fuckin Disney World. Get the fuck out of my country!

If we go later then it wouldn't be really cutting into my job and the lines would be shorter. I'd be down for waiting.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home