Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Drive

I have been sitting in the commuter lounge trying to finish my last essay for the past three hours. In that time, I have watched about a dozen people steal books out of the bin that says in bold:

BOOK DRIVE

DONATE YOUR USED TEXTBOOKS!
EVERY BOOK COUNTS
PUT YOUR BOOKS TO USE...
STOP CHILD ABUSE


About half of the people who pulled out books walked a couple feet away to the bookstore and sold them back for cash.


WTF



edit: Awaits an "oh that's a great idea" comment for either Steve or Ed....

5 Comments:

Blogger JERKFISH! said...

Thats fucked up.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Richard Eichele said...

agreed, fucked up

10:27 PM  
Blogger Ed Pereira said...

Not sure if I should be offended.

Fucked up.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Poor advertising on the part of the charity.

I would go for the cash since buying groceries comes before charities.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Whoa, I read that wrong.

That is fucked up.

And genius all at once.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home